Rauh closures for the beverage industry – For more than 70 years!
Since the company was founded in 1947, the owners of Rauh have always dared to try new things to ensure the company’s ongoing success.
Today, the Rauh Group is a valued partner of beverage manufacturers and bottlers all over the world – with closures for beer, mineral water, wine, sparkling wine and spirits.
Bartholomäus Rauh establishes the company in Knellendorf in northern Bavaria.
The company starts the production of swing stoppers.
Rauh starts crown cork production.
There is no longer enough space in Knellendorf for the necessary extensions. A completely new company location is therefore built in the nearby town of Küps. In addition to an administration building, new lines for crown cork production are also built.
Production of aluminium closures begins.
With the takeover of Plutal2000 in Ljubljana, Slovenia, the company successfully enters the Southern and Eastern European market with screw caps from 18 – 38 mm and crown corks.
Rauh buys the MCA division aluminium closures from GCS/Bender in Frankental.
Rauh takes over Bramlage Verschlüsse GmbH from the British RPC Group in August 2011. The portfolio is thus expanded to include closures for the wine, sparkling wine and spirits industries.
A joint venture with NCC Nippon Closures Co., Ltd. in Tokyo, Japan, enables the production of “Maxi-P” closures at the PS-Printservice GMBH printing plant in Neuhaus-Schierschnitz.
Rauh acquires a majority stake in African Bottlecap in Suider-Paarl, South Africa, in the heart of the South African wine region. Here screw caps 30×60 and PVC shrink capsules for the South African market are manufactured.